Faith on the Go! (Now Faith at Home!) Easter – April 12, 2020
Supplies: Bible, Cross, Candle
Instructions: Modify these to meet your family’s needs
- Choose a family member to be the Leader this week. You can have a different leader each week!
- Gather in a place you can all sit and see each other. You can even change where you meet each week!
- Place a Cross, Bible and Candle in the center.
- Light the candle & take some deep breaths. Focus on the candle to prepare for your time together.
Share… Share what you are feeling and experiencing this week
- Hallelujah Christ is Risen! Christ is Risen indeed!
- How are you feeling today…
- How did you encounter Jesus this week…
- What challenges did you encountered…
Read… Read the scripture together
Talk /Journal… Discuss or journal about the following questions
- What is your favorite part of the story?
- What challenged you?
- What did you hear or learn that you didn’t know before?
- Who would you run to tell the Good News to first if you had been Mary?
- What do you think it is to be Risen with Christ?
Pray… Choose a family member to pray or pray together the following prayer
Hallelujah Christ is Risen. Christ is Risen indeed. Thank you God for the gift of your Son. May we live as a risen people.
Bless… While making the sign of the cross on each others forehead or hand say
(Name), Child of God, be kind, love justice and walk humbly with the Lord. Amen
Make Family Butterflies
- For each member of your family Decorate the coffee filter or a round of paper with markers, food coloring, crayons, what ever you have!
- Gather filter in middle and attach clothes pin. draw face and antennas on clothes pin or use pipe cleaners for antennas
- Hang or place butterflies in a shared space to remind you that you are made new through the death and resurrection of Christ.