To serve the mission of the congregation to make disciples by developing and formalizing mission opportunities both locally and worldwide, reaching others with the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- To charge Ministry Teams with goals consistent with the mission of the congregation and the purpose of the committee
- To recruit and provide training for Ministry Team leaders
- To help implement the strategic plan
- To identify ministry areas and develop new Ministry Teams as needed
Campus Ministry: Provide program assistance for Aggie Lutherans, oversee funding resources, and coordinate activities and relationships between the worshiping students and parish members. Click here for more Treehouse information!
Community Blood Drives: Our Mission team makes the arrangements, and the blood donation vehicle arrives at Peace! Several times each year, we hold a blood drive in our parking lot. This is a selfless gift of life to people in our local community. Watch for the signs and articles in the newsletter to catch the next donation drive! Thank you for giving of yourself so others may live!
Family Promise of Bryan-College Station: Our church is a core member of the local Family Promise affiliate. Our mission is to help homeless children and their families achieve sustainable independence. Our Vision: a nation in which every family has a home, a livelihood, and the chance to build a better future together. For more Family Promise information, click here.
Social Concerns: Provide for the on-going needs of local community assistance for individuals and agencies in the Bryan/College Station area as well as identify and support new areas of ministry.
Current Community Projects:
- PIES for the Thanksgiving meal at Twin City Mission – Each year Peace Lutheran members provide pies for the Twin City Mission’s community lunch meal served at noon on Thanksgiving day. There is a sign-up board in the narthex. The pies need to be at The Bridge at the Twin City Mission at noon on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Want to help? Get your Sunday School class, bible study class, small group ministry group, family group together and bake away.There are no restrictions other than it needs to be a disposable pie tin. Traditionally, we have over 100 pies!
- Thrivent/Youth Shopping for Twin City Mission residents – This is done each year by our 3rd thru 6th graders with money provided by Thrivent Financial for Lutherans Care in Communities projects. We obtain a list of current long-term residents from The Bridge at the Twin City Mission shelter, and then take the youth shopping, then wrapping, and delivering. We have pizza for the kids prior to departing for shopping. We need parents to help with the transporting, shopping, and wrapping.
- Angel Tree ministry – We put up our trees in November each year. We have sponsored children from the local Lutheran Social Service foster children program, children from the Voices for Children program, families from the Twin City Mission, and families from the Family Promise program. You select a wish, shop, bring it back to the boxes in the narthex.
- Spaghetti Supper – This is our Social Concerns annual primary fundraiser. It takes place in the fellowship hall; spaghetti is served along with garlic bread, salad, and for dessert…we have a dessert auction! We sell tickets to eat; however, the best entertainment is watching the dessert auction! Join us as we raise money for our services projects and outbid each other on our homemade desserts. Lots of fun and great fellowship to support our Social Concerns activities.
Souper Bowl Sunday Food Drive: In conjunction with the national Souper Bowl Sunday food drive, Peace Lutheran also puts out the request for canned goods and monetary donations on the annual Super Bowl Sunday. There will be signs announcing the date for the drive. Look for our youth as solicit your donations on that Sunday with their soup pots! All donations go to the Brazos Valley Church Pantry.
Brazos Valley Church Pantry: Peace Lutheran and several other local churches provide hungry folks in our community with canned goods, bread, eggs,etc from a small building in Bryan. We have a dedicated core of volunteers who serve on the board, take the donated food to the pantry, and work volunteer hours to hand out the food to those who arrive to be served. Please check out their needs and contact information at this link: www.brazoschurchpantry.org. The first Sunday of each month at Peace is dedicated to helping replenish their food supply. Please bring your food donations, especially canned goods, peanut butter, paper goods, diapers, and monetary donations at any time that is convenient. The needs at the pantry have tripled over the past couple of years due to the downturn in the economy. Our blessings go directly to help put food into hungry people’s mouths right here in the Brazos Valley.
For further information about our Mission/Outreach Ministry, please email to: email@example.com
Chair: Jeffrey Rice
Chair Elect: Mary Evlyn Bassett
Parish Assistant for Outreach: