Mission Work Is Still Going On!
Won’t You Share in These Mission Moments With Us?
Upcoming Opportunities – 4th Quarter 2020
Greetings from the Mission Committee!
In spite of and because of COVID-19 in our community, mission work is still going on!
Check out the following socially-distanced Mission opportunities and if interested, email Connie Flickinger at email@example.com and she will get back to you with more specific information.
- Habitat for Humanity – Come help construct homes for families in our community – no experience required!
- Habitat for Humanity Pumpkin Patch – The Patch is already open and volunteers are needed to run the Patch every day in October!
- Blood Drive – Would you be willing to come to the church for a Blood Drive even if not attending in-person worship on Sunday morning yet?
- Blessing Box – We always need food or cash donations to keep our Blessing Box filled with desperately-needed food for our community – bring to Peace Lutheran Monday thru Friday to help!
- Twin City Mission Coat Drive – Bring gently used coats and blankets to Peace Lutheran Monday thru Friday to help our deserving neighbors stay warm when the weather turns cool!
- Fresh Produce Distribution – Brazos Community Response Coalition (BCRC) is a partnership between Peace Lutheran and Friends Congregational Church to assist the needy in our community by giving out fresh produce every Friday at PLC from 4:00 to 7:00 p.m. Volunteers are needed to organize food, check in clients, and carry food to their cars!
Don’t forget – the A&M Garden Club gives away free plants every second Friday in the PLC parking lot from 3:00 to 5:00 p.m. – come help out and pick up a few plants while helping to give out food!
For further information, contact Connie Flickinger at firstname.lastname@example.org or (979) 575-2227.