Faith on the Go…
Faith on the Go! Pharisees Tax Question
Supplies: Bible, Cross, Candle
Instructions: Modify these to meet your family’s needs
- Choose a family member to be the Leader this week. You can have a different leader each week!
- Gather in a place you can all sit and see each other. You can even change where you meet each week!
- Place a Cross, Bible, and Candle in the center.
- Light the candle & take some deep breaths. Focus on the candle to prepare for your time together.
Share… Share what you are feeling and experiencing this week
- How are you feeling today…
- How did you encounter Jesus this week…
- What challenges did you encounter…
Read… Read the scripture together
Talk /Journal… Discuss or journal about the following questions
- What is your favorite part of the story? What challenged you?
- What did you hear or learn that you didn’t know before?
- What do you think the Pharisees thought Jesus was going to say?
- How do you think we determine what we give to God and what we give to the government?
- What do can you give to God today?
Pray… Choose a family member to pray or pray together the following prayer
God of Peace,
We thank you for calling us your children. Help each day to recognize that we are perfectly made in your image and glorify you in all that we do. Amen.
Bless… While making the sign of the cross on each others forehead or hand say
(Name), Child of God, You are fearfully and wonderfully made.
Image of God
- Share with each other what you like most about them
- Share how you see God in them when they…
- Share how you see God in others
- Use a dry erase marker and write on the mirrors in your home: You are fearfully and wonderfully made.