Faith On The Go
Faith on the Go! Jonah
Supplies: Bible, Cross, Candle
Instructions: Modify these to meet your family’s needs
- Choose a family member to be the Leader this week. You can have a different leader each week!
- Gather in a place you can all sit and see each other. You can even change where you meet each week!
- Place a Cross, Bible and Candle in the center.
- Light the candle & take some deep breaths. Focus on the candle to prepare for your time together.
Share… Share what you are feeling and experiencing this week
- How are you feeling today…
- How did you encounter Jesus this week…
- What challenges did you encountered…
Read… Read the scripture together
Talk /Journal… Discuss or journal about the following questions
- What is your favorite part of the story?
- What challenged you?
- What did you hear or learn that you didn’t know before?
- When have you not done something you were ask? Were there consequences?
- When was a time when someone showed you mercy & kindness?
- When have you been angry with God?
Pray… Choose a family member to pray or pray together the following prayer
Teaching God, Help us to trust in your plan and show mercy and kindness to everyone we meet.
Bless… While making the sign of the cross on each others forehead or hand say
(Name), Child of God, be kind, love justice and walk humbly with the Lord. Amen
Mercy Clips to Go
- Gather your supplies
- on One side of the clothespin write LOVE MERCY with a Pen or marker
- Decorate clothespin by coloring and/or gluing sequence to pin
- Clip pin to your school or work bag as a reminder to take and share God’s love & mercy everywhere you go
- You can even make extra pins to give away