Faith On The Go
Faith on the Go! Summer 2020
Supplies: Bible, Cross, Candle
Instructions: Modify these to meet your family’s needs
- Choose a family member to be the Leader this week. You can have a different leader each week!
- Gather in a place you can all sit and see each other. You can even change where you meet each week!
- Place a Cross, Bible and Candle in the center.
- Light the candle & take some deep breaths. Focus on the candle to prepare for your time together.
Share… Share what you are feeling and experiencing this week
- How are you feeling today…
- How did you encounter Jesus this week…
- What challenges did you encountered…
Read… Read the scripture together
Talk /Journal… Discuss or journal about the following questions
- What is your favorite part of the story?
- What challenged you?
- What did you hear or learn that you didn’t know before?
- When have you seen someone mocked for doing the right thing?
- When was a time you felt others were not listening? When have you felt listened to?
Pray… Choose a family member to pray or pray together the following prayer
Teaching God, Help us to be better listeners to you and others. Teach us to do what is right in your eyes.
Bless… While making the sign of the cross on each others forehead or hand say
(Name), Child of God, be kind, love justice and walk humbly with the Lord. Amen
Listening Prayer Can
- Clean out an old can or plastic container and dry completely
- Use paper and marker to decorate the outside of the container
- Use slips of paper to write prayers for listening, justice, love and kindness each day and place them in the can.
- As a family gather daily or weekly for prayer can prayers.
- Pull a slip of paper from the can and prayer for what is written. Do as many as you have time for.