Dear People of Peace,
Grace to you and Peace in the name of Jesus.
In light of suspending activities and canceling Sunday worship for the next two weeks and probably more, we will be conducting a live-streamed, online worship service.
Chris Hunter and Larry Lippke have been working hard to put this together.
Included in this email is information to help you participate via the online platform Zoom.
Both Chris and Larry have put together a guide to help you set up this application.
I have put together a very simple bulletin to help guide us through the service.
We will be sharing Holy Communion so please have bread, wine or grape juice ready so that you can participate.
I will explain more during worship.
Our Peace at Home worship service will begin at 10:30am and the video streaming will begin at 10:15 so that people can get online.
Please be patient in the midst of any technical issues as we continue using this new Zoom format.
My prayers continue to be with the congregation during this anxious time in our community, nation, and world.
Have a blessed week and we hope to see you online in the morning.
With Faithfulness and Hope,
Pastor Travis Meier
p.s. If you are not able to attend live, we will be recording this and uploading to our YouTube channel and sending it out via email as soon as possible after the service.
10:30AM Meeting Instructions:
Join Peace Lutheran Church’s Online Service at 10:30am on March 29, 2020
Connecting to PLC’s Virtual Worship Service, 10:30 am, March 29, 2020
From your computer:
- Using your web browser, go to https://zoom.us/j/460963600
- If this is your first time on Zoom, please allow your computer to download and install the Zoom application. Just follow the instructions for saving the file and installing the program as needed.
- The Zoom launcher will activate, connecting you to the session where you can select how you wish to connect to the session, either Computer or Telephone. In most cases just select Computer, especially if all you will be doing is listening. The audio will come through your computer speakers. After connecting, you can also mute your video if you wish. At the lower left of the Zoom screen are two buttons for muting your audio and your video. You should always mute your audio unless you are needing to talk. Muting or unmuting video is your personal preference.
- During the session, you will find a Chat icon at the bottom of the screen. Click on that and it opens a window on the right side of the screen. At the bottom of that window is a place where you can enter questions or comments. We will be monitoring that chat session during the service in case you are having any technical issues.
- When using the mobile apps, you may need to enter a meeting ID. For the worship services on March 15, that meeting ID is: 460 963 600